Blog

Some photos, photography discussion,....

Click a picture for an enlarged view; all the pictures below will be available for viewing.
Then scroll or click the picture to advance to the next, click outside the picture to return here.

All of my photography is copyrighted.
Click to contact me.

And check the sidebar on the right, lots of current photography information...click the queries that are of interest.
.
This is a picture I took on a rainy Sunday at the Lincoln Memorial. Daughter Wendy and I went downtown for a photo shoot, it got canceled because of the downpour. We spent the rest of the afternoon at the Lincoln and Vietnam Memorials.
For 'people-shooting', the Lincoln Memorial is great. Everyone is looking at Abe, taking pictures - no one is paying attention to anyone else.
I knew I had a good shot when I saw these youngsters walk over and start reading the Address. Their small size, the converging lines, and the raincoats all contribute to the grandeur and awe of the moment, along with the placing of my semi-transparent photo of Lincoln that I Photoshopped in.
 (A copy now hangs in the US Capitol Visitor's Center in DC).


Photo taken at Ocean City, Maryland.  On the left is the result after I tonemapped the original with Photomatix and then did a little additional
processing with Photoshop.  The picture on the right is the shot I started with.  The 'true' scene is somewhere between the two.
Obviously I was not using a polarizer or ND filter.

Before I worked on this photo I asked myself if I would paint this scene if I were still working in oil or acrylic, and how would I want it to look.


Been spending some effort creating HDR images.  Here I used Photomatix's tonemapping feature since I only had a single image of the Boyd's Maryland, general store that I took in December 2009.  It was dusk and I wanted to capture the bare light bulb and its reflection onto and in front of the porch, the onset of darkness, and the colors generated by the setting sun.
I try not to get too surreal with HDR. Just get the details in the shadows and highlights, like the human eye would capture.
Usually I would remove power lines, but here they help give the feel of a period-piece for this rural 1933 gem.

Borrowed an old 55mm prime macro lens. I took several shots of a fabric flower and focus stacked them with Photoshop CS5's auto align and auto blend.


No comments:

Post a Comment